Cole A. Riddell joined HALTOM & DOAN after graduating magna cum laude from the University of Arkansas School of Law.
Since joining HALTOM & DOAN, Cole has been actively involved in all stages of litigation, including taking and defending depositions, drafting pre-trial and post-trial briefings, successfully arguing during pre-trial hearings, and negotiating settlement agreements on his client’s behalf. Cole was a member of HALTOM & DOAN’s successful trial team in CEATS, Inc. v. TicketNetwork, Inc. and Ticket Software LLC, which resulted in a six-figure jury verdict for his client. Most recently, Cole has been successful in having his clients’ cases remanded, transferred, and dismissed with prejudice. Frank Blanchard, et al. v. Steve Huynh, et al., Case No. 6:18-CV-00265-RWS, Dkt. No. 34 (E.D. Tex. Mar. 26, 2019); David Louis Whitehead v. Netflix, Inc. et al., Case No. 2:18-CV00460-RWS, Dkt. No. 119 (E.D. Tex. June 24, 2019); David Louis Whitehead v. Netflix, Inc. et al., Case No. 2:19-CV-05500-JFW, Dkt. No. 144 (C.D. Cal. July 19, 2019).
Cole is licensed to practice in all Texas and Arkansas state courts, the Texas Supreme Court and the Arkansas Supreme Court. He is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas, Northern District of Texas, Western District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, Eastern District of Arkansas and Western District of Arkansas. He is a member of the American Bar Association, State Bar of Texas, Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Texarkana Bar Association, Texarkana Young Lawyers Association, Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, the Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas and the Arkansas Bar Association. He is currently the President of the Texarkana Young Lawyers Association and a 2019 graduate from Leadership Texarkana.
Cole received a Bachelor of Science degree from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. He was awarded his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Arkansas School of Law in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- Business and Commercial
- Class Actions
- Insurance Defense
Areas of Practice
- Environmental/Toxic Tort
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Product Liability
- Medical Device Litigation
- Southern Methodist University (summa cum laude)
- UA School of Law (magna cum laude)
Cole completed his undergraduate at Southern Methodist University where he finished summa cum laude in 2014 with a Bachelor of Science in Sports Management with a minor in History. Throughout his time at UA School of Law, Cole was Vice President of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society.
- 2019 International Association of Defense Counsel’s 47th Annual Trial Academy
- Judge Thomas F. Butt Legal Excellence Award in Legal Writing
- Legal Research and Writing Best Oral Argument Award – Appellee
- Legal Research and Writing Teaching Assistant for Professor Jonathan Marshfield
- 2016 Arkansas Bar Foundation Scholarship
- 2015 Texarkana Bar Association Scholarship
- Ray and Nancy Hunt Leadership Scholar
- 2014 SMU Outstanding Senior Man Finalist
- Texas Bar CLE Course – “Exemplary Damages at The Federal and State Level” – February 2018
- CAIL Conference on Intellectual Property Law – “A View from the Witness Stand: What Works and What Doesn’t from Counsel, Judge and Damage Expert Witness Perspectives”
- “Voir Dire Dos and Don’ts Under Texas and Federal Law” – July 2020
- Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Texas E-TAPS CLE – “Voir Dire Dos and Don’ts Under Texas and Federal Law” – September 2020